Becoming a Life-Giving Mom
When Life was out-of-control for me as a new mom with a 5 Week Old Baby
Every Mom Needs Help
You may not have woken up to your house in flames and your child in danger, but you have needs. if you are transparent, you don’t have it all together. Your life is not perfect. There may be some wonderful aspects to your life right now, but there are other areas that are just plain tough.
It’s when we come to the end of ourselves that we find God. He is the source of our life. He is the maker of heaven and earth. He created you in His image. He gave you life, breath, and purpose.
A Prayer to Be a Life-Giving Mom
After Reading Chapter 1 use the Reflection Questions from the Study Guide Lesson 1 to prepare for Group Discussion.
- Nicole pondered this question: “is being a christian supposed to change me?” if so, what would living “life to the full” look like?
- In the opening chapter, I describe what it was like to wake up with my house on fire. I was totally helpless. All I could do was drop to my knees and pray, “Help!” What situation in your life, as a mom, right now feels totally helpless?
- After the fire, when we called my mom, we found out she had been praying for us. She prayed that we “would go through the fire and not be burned” (isaiah 43). Have you prayed a life- saving prayer, or has someone prayed one for you?
- Take a moment to reflect on the following statements from chapter 1. ask yourself, Is this true of me? • A Life-Giving Mom is connected to the ultimate Life-Giver. • A Life-Giving Mom overcomes tragedies.
• A Life-Giving Mom is open to change.
• A Life-Giving Mom is a life-long learner.
What issue in your life feels overwhelming? How can we pray for you in your journey as a life-giving mom?