Living an epic life requires faith. God has made you to be the epic hero of your destiny. In order to live an epic life, you must have faith in what God says about you.
God’s word says, “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago” (Ephesians 2:10 NLT).
In other words, God is the master-designer and you are His beautiful work of art. You are His living poem that is being written each day of your life. In fact, He has made you to be an Epic Hero living an epic life. Here are 5 ways to live an epic life now:
1. An Epic Life is living freely. Living freely means that you have no unfinished business. You have been set free from every form of addiction, bondage, and insecurity. You know Jesus intimately and He has made you free! (See John 8:32.)
2. An Epic Life is loving fully. Loving fully requires you to walk in daily forgiveness in your relationships. You cannot love fully if you are holding on to toxic emotions from unhealthy relationships. You must learn to listen to the Holy Spirit and keep short accounts with people. As soon as you feel hurt, release forgiveness. The Holy Spirit will fill you and enable you to be a good friend to others.
3. An Epic Life is learning daily. Learning daily requires you to walk in humility. You must approach God’s vast kingdom like a child exploring each new day like it is Christmas morning. You must open your heart to His new adventures in faith.
4. An Epic Life is leading maturely. Maturity comes as we learn from our mistakes. You won’t live an epic life if you are afraid to risk in order to follow God’s call. As you mature in Christ, you choose to overcome obstacles and become a victor rather than a victim of life’s setbacks. As you become mature in Christ, your life is attractive to others and they want to follow you. You lead others into maturity as you model laying down your life for them in love.
5. An Epic Life is looking to the future. In order to move into the future of what God has for you, you must walk today with confident faith. As you believe His word, speak His word, walk in His word, you will receiveAs you look to your eternal future with God, you will begin to live each day with purpose.