15 Things to Give up in 2021 As we move into 2021, here are 15 Things to Give Up in the New Year. If you give up these 15 things you will experience more joy and fulfillment than every before. Take time to prayerfully reflect on letting these 15 things go forever....
3 Things Every Life-Giving Mom Needs
Every life-giving mom has issues. Every mom since Eve has sinned against her sons and daughters. Eve was placed in a perfect garden with everything she needed, but still she craved more. Even Mary, the mother of Jesus, lost it when she didn’t know where Jesus was (Luke 2:41-50). She is the only mother who ever had a perfect son, and she was still anxious about him. No mom is perfect. Every mom deals with the “stuff” of life.
Here are 3 things that ever life-giving mom needs
1. Every life-giving mom needs a safe place to talk about the issues she is facing
You need to feel like you can be real without feeling judged. We need others to come alongside us and cheer us on as moms even when we feel like our parenting skills are lacking and we aren’t going to make it through another Cheerio-filled day.
When we look down our noses at another mom and think that “we could do it better” we are simply walking in pride. It’s better to walk humbly knowing that each one of us needs both God’s grace AND truth to be life-giving moms.
2. Every life-giving mom needs to desire to aspire to her God-given calling
If you are reading this blog, I hope it is because you want to become the most life-giving mother you can be. If you want to realize your God-given calling as a mom, it’s going to take more than a list of “dos and don’ts.” It’s going to take real and honest introspection into the character of your life.
NO, WE ARE NOT CREATING AN INSIDER’S CLUB OF PERFECT MOM’S. We are calling for an intimate community where we recognize that we can’t be a life-giving mom without being connected to the ultimate Life-Giver – GOD.
“I am the Vine, you are the branches.
When you’re joined with me and I with you,
the relation intimate and organic,
the harvest is sure to be abundant.
Separated, you can’t produce a thing”
Without God, we can’t do anything that is lasting or eternal. We are only able to give the life that we first receive.
3. Every life-giving mom needs help from others
No one of us is as gifted as all of us. You may be strong in your organizational skills as a mom. Your friend may be stronger in her creativity as a mom. You are going to have strengths and weaknesses. The beauty of friendship is that we can help each other.
As we begin this journey together, begin to think of 3 moms that you can encourage.
There is no better time than now. Here are some quick ideas to encourage:
- Do a quick text just to tell them you are thinking of them.
- Facebook message or tweet this blog to them and just let them know how much you appreciate them.
- Determine in your heart and mind that you are going link arms and come closer to them.
- Write a note or send a card
- Volunteer to babysit for their children
- Take over a meal for someone who just had a baby
- Offer to help a single mom with transportaion
- Share a cup of coffee and be mutually strengthened and encouraged.
YOU CAN BE THE ANSWER TO SOMEONE’S PRAYER. Listen. Then ACT.